More than 20% of the population has a balcony or terrace (source: PromoJardin). In the city, this small piece of space is often a criterion of choice. The balcony can become a real paradise with some design and decoration ideas.
Optimize your garden corner
Nowadays, there is a multitude of materials to change or sublimate your balcony. In addition to the furnishings, the lucky owner of a balcony can also decorate the floor and wall.
A PLEASANT FLOOR
- Artificial turf recreates a very natural country atmosphere without the inconvenience of real grass. It is rotproof, UV-resistant and maintenance-free and waterproof.
- Tiling is also a practical solution. It comes in different shapes and is still the easiest to clean.
- The deck boards, on the other hand, have the advantage of raising the balcony by a few centimetres and are available in pine or composite wood.
- Clip-on tiles have the advantage of being lightweight and easy to use. They are available in several sizes and are made of wood, composite and even natural stone.
OF THE MAGNIFICENT WALLS
To make the balcony a separate room, it can be furnished with bookshelves, colourful decorations or candles with a variety of scents. You can use paintings, paintings or watercolours as you wish to add an undeniable artistic touch. You can also hang a few paper suspensions.
Creating a discreet and intimate place
The balcony in the city can be an undeniable luxury and a real added value. However, the opposite side can become a major drawback. There are some tricks to preserve your little corner of paradise from prying eyes and thus keep your privacy.
It is the most popular privacy screen. It protects from the gaze of others without major loss of luminosity. In PVC, straw or wood, it is easy to install and cheaper. It is a material sensitive to weather, U. V. and wind.
Made of natural wood, woven bamboo, varnished or painted, it is a privacy screen that allows an original and durable decoration over time.
The final touch – Development Ideas
- In order to create a comfortable and convivial place, it may be wise to trade the classic garden table for outside cushions such as colored and soft poufs, which will prove to be a real invitation to relaxation. They are available in all sizes and are high quality, waterproof and stain resistant.
- Solar lamps, at nightfall, provide a soft and warm light. The advantage is that they do not require any electrical installation!
- Gardening on its balcony in town is possible with wood panels to be planted. There are also portable basket planters with water drainage.
- In order to keep the light in good condition while protecting yourself from the sun, using bay leaves or boxwood is a solution: their dense foliage all year round protects them from the wind and guarantees extra safety for children.
In short, don’t neglect this little corner which can become a very strange place, even in town.